Date: Saturday, November 18, 2023
Location: Azusa Pacific University
- Masterclasses & Workshops
- Young Artists Recitals
- Best Liszt Performance Awards
We look forward to your participation!
Festival Registration Application
College and pre-college participant applications for recital or master class performances must be submitted by October 15, 2023. We will acknowledge receipt of all applications.
ALS SoCal will notify applicants for master classes and recitals of the outcome of their application by November 1, 2023.
Instructions for Participants
Repertoire: While the repertoire for master classes and recitals is not limited to the music of Liszt, works by Liszt will be given priority when selecting recital and master class performers. Repertoire for all recitals and master classes is restricted to memorized solo works only.
** Applicants to perform in the Master class, Recitals, and Improvisation workshop must upload a video recording of a recent UNEDITED performance of the submitted Festival piece to YouTube.com, vimeo.com, or other preferred video-sharing website, and submit the link embedded in the application email to be reviewed and approved by the ALS SoCal Board for admission to participate in ALS SoCal Festival.
The master class will be 2 hours, with 4 students performing works up to 10 minutes in length, (longer repertoire acceptable but subject to cuts).
The pre-college and college recitals will last up to 90 minutes each, with works under 10 minutes preferred.
There will be two prizes given at the end of the second day of the festival:
- Best Liszt Pre-College performance $175
- Best Liszt College performance $250
Application for performance in recital, master class, or improvisation workshop:
- Please fill out all the information regarding registration in the form below.
- Priority for master class performers will generally be given to those NOT playing in recitals or improvisation workshop and vice versa.
- Applicants not selected to play may be put on a waiting list, if applicable.
- Applicants wishing to apply for two or more events must specify which event he/she prefers; participation in more than one event is not guaranteed.
- After you are notified of the result of your application, please pay the necessary fees via PayPal, or write and mail a check (**payment information is at the end of this page).
Payment via PayPal:
Payment via Checks:
Please make checks payable to:
American Liszt Society Southern California Chapter, Inc.
Please mail all applicable fees to:
American Liszt Society-SoCal
c/o Dr. Katherine Hickey
38600 Pine Drive
Cherry Valley, CA 92223
Participant payment checks must be received no later than November 11, 2023, or his/her time slot will be forfeited and released to others on the waiting list.